What fun it has been reading the posts from Debbie's contest. I've been on this earth since the late 70's and would love to share 10 things you may not know about me from my past.
1. I was born on Long Island in NY with a dislocated hip. I was in a cast and then brace for about 9 months.
2. I was chosen to go on stage at a Chris Isaak concert during one of his songs. Before I was supposed to get off the stage, I ran over and kissed him on his cheek.
3. I gave up red meat when I was 15. I don't eat pork or anything on a bone or with skin either. I was going to try and go vegetarian but never made it.
4. The first concert I ever went to was Paula Abdul with Color Me Badd opening up. I was probably 11 or 12. Not until this year did I find out that Bob Stewart was at that concert and it was his first one too!
5. I was a dancer all my adolesence and in high school made it to Nationals and won 1st place in a lyrical duet with my best friend Brooke to the song Black by Pearl Jam.
6. I've been a homeowner since I was 25 years old. I was lucky to get in 10 years ago while the prices were still low and am blessed to have equity in my home now. I'm in the process of updating the kitchen and a few other things so I can keep it as a rental when we buy a new home in the next year.
7. I am a stickler for manners. It is not hard to say please and thank you and I loathe when people lack basic manners.
8. My favorite movie in the whole wide world is Beaches. I can recite the entire thing from beginning to end and still cry every time. LOVE that movie! If you haven't seen it, DO IT!
9. I can't cook. I never had any desire to do so and am in awe of those who can. Thank goodness my wife is an excellent chef who keeps us healthy and full.
10. I've seen 7 Cirque du Soleil shows but my favorite is Love. Man that is a GREAT show and if you're in Vegas do yourself a favor and buy a ticket. Worth every penny.