Debbie Reynold's has a great contest going on.....
10 THINGS FROM THE PAST:
1. I was a fine dining waitress for MANY years and met (waited on) Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters at the Honolulu Airport Marriot Dining Room. They had half a papaya with toasted coconut and ice teas.
2. I worked for a Family Law Attorney for MANY years and heard everybody’s problems regarding divorce, adoptions and child custody cases..
3. I worked for a Structured Living Program and taught all kinds of classes from Anger Management, Abuse, Cognitive Restructuring, Codependency, Living Skills….and I even ran Urinalysis Tests on a HUGE machine!
4. When I was in High School I modeled for John Robert Powers and showed up in many a newspaper modeling clothes.
5. I lived overseas in Yokohama, Japan; Subic Bay, Philippines; Izmir, Turkey because I was a family member of an active duty military dad who was in the US NAVY and ex husband –US AIR FORCE.
6. I played softball and was third baseman. They were videotaping (early 80’s) and filmed me throwing the ball ….backwards!
7. I ‘messed around’ behind the hibiscus bush on the Capitol grounds at midnight. It was a dare and every time I pass it I think of that! I also think of the guy and he was GROSS!
8. I was a tap dancer, ballet dancer, majorette, horse back rider, 400 yard track star, volunteer for teens, junior lifesaver, Brownie to Cadettes in Girl Scouts, a babysitter and probably did more but my memory is failing me nowadays lol.
9. I graduated as a Junior in High School and didn’t deserve it. Okay, I did the work but ran away from home in the third quarter. I pounded the classes and did loads of extra credit and ….graduated. With that many absences anyone else most likely didn’t pass.
10. I was and still am the baby of the family. I was the only girl and had one 7 years older half brother and one year older full brother. I fell off the back porch steps and hit my eyebrow on the corner of the last step. My mom and dad came out and asked what happened and I told them my brothers pushed me. (they were laughing and I ended up getting stitches)
This seemed a little strange...I hadn't thought about some of these things in a while. In any case, a little of my past that you may not have known.