If It's September, It's Time for Addison's Oktoberfest, 2013.
Munich's Oktoberfest is authentically recreated in Addison, Texas each year. Come out this year and enjoy the German food, entertainment, traditional folk dances, children's entertainment and more. This is rated by USA Today Travel as one of the Top 10 Places to Celebrate Oktoberfest. The event attracts more than 70,000 people each year!
- Thursday, September 19 6:00p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 20 6:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday, September 21 12:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Sunday, September 22 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m
Where: Addison Circle Park, 4970 Addison Circle Drive, Addison, TX
Tickets: 25% off Evening Price tickets sold at DFW Albertson's stores.
$5 before 5pm; $10 after 5pm (ages 4 and older); Thursday – Free!
You can also check online for ticket bundles.
- Munich Oktoberfest Trip: Patrons can register to win a trip to the 2014 Munich Oktoberfest at the Albertsons booth or print off a registration form at www.addisontexas.net and mail it to the Town of Addison, P.O. Box 9010, Addison, TX 75001. Addison employees not eligible.
- Addison Biz-Spiele (Corporate Challenge): Assemble a team of colleagues and clients to compete in a variety of Oktoberfest games. Presented by the Addison Business Association.
- Kaffee Und Kuchen Haus: Addison’s newest Oktoberfest venue located in the Stone Cottage. Enjoy this authentic German tradition of sharing coffee, pastries and great conversation with family and friends. Featuring an array of hand-baked German favorites prepared by Addison’s Polk-A-Dot Bakery.
- (NEW) Chamberlain’s Brau Haus: Purchase tickets online at addisontexas.net and enjoy an authentic Bavarian dining experience featuring a 3-course tasting menu paired with Paulaner Bier prepared by one of America’s leading chefs, Richard Chamberlain of Chamberlain’s Restaurants. Limited seating on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings only. The price is $49 per person and includes event admission, souvenir stein and a memorable dining experience for a client gathering, a night out with family and friends or a date night with someone special! For each Chamberlain’s Brau Haus ticket purchased, guest will receive a $25 gift card to use at Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House or Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill.
- Draught Haus presented by Prestige: Grab a Cold Bier and Tavern Style Snacks and enjoy the outdoor biergarten, or come inside to catch up on the latest U.S. and German sporting events on multiple big screens!
- Schloss Addison: The 30,000 square foot air-conditioned tent where specially brewed Paulaner Oktoberfest bier is served with bratwurst, sauerkraut, laugenpretzels and many other German treats. An impressive line-up of German entertainers, including The Munich Evergreens, Brave Combo and more will entertain the crowds. Don’t miss the Texas style tapping of the keg on Thursday night at 8:00pm.
- Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce Happy Hour: Mingle with local businesses and build your professional network at this Chamber event.
- Das Kinder Stage: Continuous children’s entertainment including Eddie Coker, Alpine Children’s Dancers and more. More fun for children of all ages can be found at the carnival and midway.
- Arts & Crafts/German Market Place: German collectibles, handcrafted gifts, original artwork, and more.
- Oktoberfest 5k and 1 Mile Run: Saturday, September 21 at 8:00am. Benefits Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer.
My favorite event? The daschaund parade and the dasch dash. Yes, there really is a dog race!