A few weeks ago, I did notice a sign like this in a small section of Castlewood but it was just one and that was the location of the trap to capture those nasty creatures. So, of course I had to call and find out what the story was about mosquito spraying in Highland Village.
I spoke with Angela who was very nice and quite helpful. Turns out that there WAS a positive test for a mosquito carrying West Nile virus this round of testing. As you can see by the map below, the green square is the location of the trap and positive results for testing. This is located on Excalibur in the grassy area between Camelot and Mayfair.
What that means for you and me as a resident of Castlewood and Highland Village is that our area will be blanketed in chemicals tonight, tomorrow and/or Sunday, August 16-18, 2013. Spraying will begin around 11:30 pm and end around 4 am.
Please protect yourself and your family by taking the following precautions:
• If possible, stay indoors during spray events
• If the spray contacts skin or eyes, wash skin with soap and water, and rinse eyes with water or saline solution
• Cover fish ponds and bring pets indoors
• Close windows
• Wash outside toys, play equipment, and furniture with soap and water prior to use
• Wash exposed fruits and vegetables before eating
For more information about mosquito spraying in Highland Village or West Nile virus, visit the Highland Village website or call 972-317-2989.