What You Didn't Know About Me - A Blast From My Past
There is an ActiveRain contest going on that is an effort to help members get to know one another. The point is to post 10 things about your past that people may not know. Then, you post 10 things about you currently that people may not know. I'm playing along! Here are:
10 Things From My Past That Many People Do Not Know!
1. I joined the military when I was 19 years old. I was a member of the United States Army and was Honorably Discharged after 3 years, when I went into the Army Reserves. I only joined because I was bored and had nothing else to do (or so I thought).
2. I attended the University of Rochester with an intended degree of Biochemistry right after high school. I only went to school for 2.5 years but had way too much fun to actually study. After a semester on academic probation and no foreseeable change in my wayward attitude, my parents made me return home, at which time I joined the Army.
3. The first job I ever held was as a receptionist at a real estate firm. I was fired for making long distance telephone calls on the company phone. (My parents had to pay the phone bill.)
4. I have lived in 10 different states so far including: New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Texas and Georgia. We moved a lot.
5. When I was young, we never lived in the same city for more than two years. I never "graduated" from any grade until my high school graduation because we always moved. Wherever we moved, the grades were different so we always missed graduation.
6. My older sister and I are only 10 months apart in age. We both started school the same year. (Her birthday is in December so she had to wait until the following year to enter kindergarten - which is when I started.) We also both graduated from high school the same year.
7. When I was in college, I got into a huge argument with my roommate and threw all of her clothes out the window. We lived in a high-rise apartment complex on campus - on the 11th floor. I was very passive-aggressive back then. Needless to say, it didn't end very well.
8. When I was in high school, I was a member of the Speech and Debate Team. I won several first-place awards for speech interpretation, in spite of how shy and introverted I always was.
9. I was 39 years old before I ever ate (and liked) lettuce. Before then, it was the most disgusting thing ever.
10. I used to be pretty good at downhill skiing. I stopped many years ago when I realized just how much I disliked cold weather.
There you have it! Ah, nostalgia!
~Renae - Market 4 Real!
Need help marketing to your leads and promoting your listings in the right way? Don't put it off! Contact us today for assistance and get started on the road to turning your leads into clients and your listings into SOLD properties!