The part of the Island of Oahu with the zip code of 96789 is known as Mililani. It is in the center of the island over looking Pearl Harbor.
The main part of the Mililani area is a planned community developed by Castle and Cooke (formerly Dole). It was named an All-American City. Originally Mililani was pineapple fields. In the early 1970's construction began and the town was born. The town should be finished the end of 2006.
The planned community is split by the H-2 Freeway it is made up of the older side of Mililani Town which is on the west (leeward) side of the Freeway and Mililani Mauka which is on the east or Mauka (mountain) side of the freeway.
Mililani Town has three shopping centers:
- The Town Center of Mililani which is the largest. It has Walmart, a 14 plex theater, many restaurants and fast food places, City Mill (hardware), Times Supermarket, a video arcade, Curves, medical offices, 2 real estate companies, several banks and credit unions, a book store, a college, Radio Shack, a pet store, Longs Drugs and many small shops.
- Mililani Shopping Center is the second largest and the oldest. It has 24 Hour Fitness, Ross Dress for Less, a couple of real estate companies, including the home of your's truly Century 21 Liberty Homes, Showers of Blessings Christian Books, Foodland Supermarket, several food places a couple of banks and a credit union, Napa Auto Parts, the phone company, medical and dental offices, a pet store and several small shops.
- Mililani Market Place is the smallest of the shopping centers. It has two anchor stores, Safeway Supermarket and Longs Drugs. There a few food places and a CPA. It is set back on the far west (leeward) side of Mililani Town.
- Mililani Mauka is the newest part of town. There are no shopping centers in Mililani Mauka. At the entrance to Mililani Mauka there is a gas station and a McDonalds on the left and several offices and a Recreation Center on the right.
- Mililani Town Association: http://www.mililanitown.org/
- Mililani Drug Free: http://www.Mililanidrugfree.org/
- Mililani Chess Club: http://www.mililanichess.org/
- Real Estate Sales: http://www.hawaiirandy.com/
Mililani Blog Posts:
- Welcome to Mililani - Part 2 the Planned Community
- Welcome to Mililani - Part 3 the Surrounding Communities
- Mililani is Pet Friendly
- Mililani, Hawaii Directory of Schools
- 12 Great Reasons to Buy a Home in Mililani, Hawaii
- Mililani - Q1 2007 Real Estate Sales Activity of Existing Homes
- Real Estate Sales In Mililani Seems to be Picking Up
- Real Estate Sales Activity in Mililani
- Mililani Townhouse Sales are on Fire!
- Mililani, Hawaii - A changing market, many opportunities
- Mililani Chess Kids are Still Flashing Their Stuff
- Mililani Middle School Brings Home State Chess Title
- Mililani High School Cheerleaders Take Their First State Title
- A Sunny Day of Chess and Real Estate in Hawaii
- Mililani HS Wins OIA Softball Title
- Are You Involved in Your Community? If Not, Get to It.