Mililani is a unique planned community on Oahu.
It has the most recreation centers that are privately owned by the home owners. There are seven recreation centers, six with pools. The rec. centers provide such activities as scouts, martial arts, chess, music, swimming, community meetings and crafts. The City and County of Honolulu maintains several parks, including the District Park that has a skate arena. Mililani has more soccer, football and baseball fields than anyone where else on Oahu.
Everyone who owns property in the planned community belongs to the MTA (Mililani Town Association. MTA maintains the landscaping along our roads, operates the Rec. Centers, enforces town rules and tries to keep our community a nice place to live for all.
Some of the rules in Mililani include:
- Not parking your boat in your driveway.
- Painting your home approved colors only.
- No repairing your car within line of site of your neighbor.
- All exterior home improvements need to be approved by the MTA design committee.
The planned community of Mililani has 1 public high school, a public middle school, 4 public elementary schools and a private school that has pre-school through 12th grade. Mililani has a few gated communities within the planned community including Olaloa which is a senior planned condominium community.
Mililani is known for its youth sports and activities. Our High School boys and girls soccer teams have dominated statewide athletics for several years. Our gym sports the banners of too many titles to count in several sports. Our Mililani High School football team has been winning their division and is usually expected to be one of the top teams in the state. The Mililani Chess Club has seen a few national titles and victories in recent times.
- Mililani Town Association: http://www.mililanitown.org/
- Mililani Drug Free: http://www.Mililanidrugfree.org/
- Mililani Chess Club: http://www.mililanichess.org/
- Real Estate Sales: http://www.hawaiirandy.com/
Mililani Blog Posts:
- Welcome to Mililani - Part 1 the Shopping Centers
- Welcome to Mililani - Part 3 the Surrounding Communities
- Mililani is Pet Friendly
- Mililani, Hawaii Directory of Schools
- 12 Great Reasons to Buy a Home in Mililani, Hawaii
- Mililani - Q1 2007 Real Estate Sales Activity of Existing Homes
- Real Estate Sales In Mililani Seems to be Picking Up
- Real Estate Sales Activity in Mililani
- Mililani Townhouse Sales are on Fire!
- Mililani, Hawaii - A changing market, many opportunities
- Mililani Chess Kids are Still Flashing Their Stuff
- Mililani Middle School Brings Home State Chess Title
- Mililani High School Cheerleaders Take Their First State Title
- A Sunny Day of Chess and Real Estate in Hawaii
- Mililani HS Wins OIA Softball Title
- Are You Involved in Your Community? If Not, Get to It.