H1-B Visa Holders May Buy Real Estate in College Station, Texas

Real Estate Agent with BCR (Brazosland Classic Realty)

To continue the saga, my Russian e-mail correspondent’s next question was whether or not he could buy real property while holding an H1-b Visa (employer sponsored visa).  With the fair housing laws playing in my mind, I checked with legal counsel for confirmation.  The official answer is yes, an H1-b Visa will certainly work for identification (for that matter, so would a visitor’s visa).  Therefore, as long as he qualifies, that Russian may purchase real estate here in College Station. 

He will be glad to know....Moscow is nine hours ahead of us, so he may get the response today, or he could wake up and read it tomorrow before tomorrow’s sun dawns on our Nation.  Wonder how it would be to travel to another country to make a living...?   Of his choice of countries, America, the Land of Opportunity is the BEST choice!

Am grateful to be an American, which is “One Nation Under God”,

-Nathan Cook, Realtor

Russian investors:  for your real estate needs in College Station, Texas, visit College Station properties.

Classic Realty/GMAC Real Estate 

Comments (2)


I'm currently on H1-B visa. Wondering if I cud own about 30-40 acres of land and have a farm on it.

I'm close to getting my permanent residency, interested in owning some agricultural land for myself and my family.

Appreciate your help shed some light on this issue.




Jun 22, 2008 02:14 PM
Kashif Manzoor

It may be very old thread but i am also interested in same kind of question.

I am from Pakistan and have H1b VISA. Can i purchase a land and own a diary farm on that?

I am working in PA state.

Apr 11, 2013 06:15 AM