Active Rain and Localism Week-in-Review ..... February 17 - 24, 2008
For those who've done these Weeks-in-Review in the past, you know how much reading is needed to pull together the posts to feature. We typically have about a week or so to do the necessary reading. This time around, I had 2 1/2 days to get my reading in for this one - and my eyes are ready to pop out of my head!
This was a week full of rather interesting events going on here on AR and in the outside blogging world, that's for sure!
I thought this was THE feel-good, certain-to-make-you-smile post of the week:
* How To Stay Happy Always - this is so cutely illustrated, you just can't help but smile! ---> Mary Warren
<--- graphic 'borrowed' from Mary Warren
For some of the good, the bad, and the ugly about blogging, here are 4 posts that I felt covered those very well:
* From Featured Post to Good Morning America ---> Janet Guilbault
* The Drama of Of It All "ICK" 'pairlessness is a disease..." ---> TLW
* Is Bloodhound Blog Over what entertainment this was! ---> Kevin Tomlinson
* When Should You Disable Comments? very interesting reading & comments ---> Brian Brady
As reminders of the Code of Ethics for those of us who are REALTORS:
* Don't Assume the Seller Dislikes Their Expired REALTOR! - careful what you say! ---> Midori Miller
* Deep Stewardship: The Intrinsic Rhythm of Asheville's Land As Felt in the Practice of Real Estate -
Ethics at its Deepest Level ---> janeAnne Narrin
Here are some great tips for those who hold, and attend, sales meetings (share them with your owner/brokers and managers!)
* Making Your Weekly Sales Meetings Count! ---> Kay Bennett
For some marketing and blogging tips - who can't use tips like these!
* Rethinking Marketing-Ourselves and Our Listings ---> Patricia Kennedy
* Lead Generation ---> Laurie Manny
* Top 5 Reasons Why I Hate Your Chiclets - now we know why those little things aren't so great! --->
Thinking about hiring a virtual assistant? This post is part of a series and is packed full of great info!
* The Ultimate Guide Part 3...Finding, Hiring, and Keeping Your Virtual Assistant ---> Laura Monroe
Here's a great post on how paying attention to our own cycles really can help us:
* Understanding How Your Unique Seasonal Cycle Can Improve Your Life and Business! ---> Lola Audu
It's important to keep track of our content - a post for just that:
* If Your Content is Being Stolen, Does That Mean You're Famous? ---> Jennifer Kirby
Localism Highlighted Posts
gorgeous picture 'borrowed' from Georgina Hunter --->
Beautiful examples of really showing off local areas:
* A Tale of Two Cities Near Anne Arundel County Maryland ---> Margaret Woda
* Tempe's Art and Entertainment ---> Nick Bastian
* Shopping for a Vacation Condo on Maui - What to Look For ---> Georgina Hunter
* Springfield VA Real Estate Tour of Homes and Neighborhoods ---> Karen Kurschka
Posts with great tips for sellers:
* What Buyers Are Saying About Your House ---> Lisa Heindel
* My House Didn't Sell - It's Their Fault! ---> Diane Testa
* Ten Questions to Ask A Decorator/HomeStager ---> Dane Caldwell
* Get Your Home Noticed and SOLD With Auctions ---> Jason Smith
A cute post with some very helpful advice for buyers:
* It's the Match.com Strategy for Home Seekers! ---> Sonja Babic
And last but by no means least - this is a post that shows what life is all about:
* Me, My Shadow, and My Grandson Having Fun at the Beach! ---> Dan Forbes
I hope you enjoy this week's features!
To read additional Weeks-in-Review, check out the past posts in the Week-in-Review Group. You'll find lots of great reading there, and you'll get to know some awesome members as well!
Ann Cummings, New Hampshire & Maine REALTOR
RE/MAX Coast to Coast
888-349-5678 x 3839
Servicing the Coastal Areas of NH & Southern Maine
There will be no recreations of any type regarding the titles or content of this group or Review without the permission and expressed written consent of me and/or the Groups founder-Copyright 2008.