It would be interesting to see what the closing success ratio is nationally for agents on contracts escrowed. We would certainly be willing to bet that it has changed dramatically over the last 12 months. Seems like in our firm more and more buyers are:
- Changing lenders in the process of the transaction.
- Cutting back on some inspections.
- Shopping more for loans.
- Choosing not to exercise options.
We wonder if these same trends are showing up elsewhere. Bryan/College Station, Texas is still doing pretty well in overall dollar volume of real estate sold, but with an increase in agents, the slice of the pie can be smaller for:
- Newer agents with little or inadequate training or mentoring.
- Those that don't advertise or have any real internet presence
- Those that aren't willing to get back to basics including things like SOLICITATION and NETWORKING .
- Those that think they can just sit back, wait for the phone to ring on others' listings.
It is now a whole new ball game in real estate. Markets are changing, mortgage money tightening, but for those that adapt it will still be profitable.
If you are struggling with your real estate career call us...you will get two of the best trainers, brokers, and coaches in the area.....our combined 45 years of experience is at your disposal. Call or email today!
Have a great day!
Brent and Trey