I don't know about everyone else but every once in awhile I seem to avoid either my desk at the office or my desk at home. It usually coincides with the fact that the accumulation of relentless paperwork that I acquire on a daily basis gets shoved from one small pile into another larger one until I have so many piles that when I decide I MUST organize and I don't know where to start IE: CMA reports, copies of listings, mortgage propaganda, inter office memos, old files..............HELP!
I have decided to commit myself to learning better filing skills using Outlook or Top Producer or both for contact information, but as I was searching for some tips via the Internet, I came across the following which I thought was also valuable information for de-cluttering in general.
P.S. I would appreciate any tips on redeveloping my organizational skills!
POWERFUL "space clearing" TIPS:
- GIVE IT AWAY: If you haven't had something on your body in 2 yrs, consider that it's no longer yours, and that it belongs to someone new. This includes children's toys too. (The "Goodwill" is an appropriate "name," and a good place to start).
- BURN IT AWAY: If your "stuff" looks beat-up, old, smells bad, or appears poor - no one else wants it either.
- GIFT IT AWAY: Why wait until you die to "gift" friends, family and loved ones your treasures? Give the gift of Love NOW so that you can experience the "true" gift of giving. Nothing is more beautiful than watching faces light-up with "appreciation and joy."
- STORE IT AWAY: Rent a small storage unit if you have too, and remove off season clothing and sports equipment, mementos, papers, files, and other things you "feel" that you cannot part with. Get it out of your SPACE, so you can open up "new" pathways for Blessings and Abundance to enter your life.
- THROW IT AWAY: Sometimes the things we own, own us. This can range from "old" love letters and gifts from people who are no longer in our lives - to "cash flow negatives" or expensive things like cars and houses we no longer can afford, or that no longer bring us joy. I encourage you to take a "Leap of Faith" and throw away the "illusions" of love, security and wealth."
No one said SPACE CLEARING or the REMOVAL of CLUTTER is easy, but it is truly...
I would appreciate any tips that you care to share! Thanks
Subscribe to CommentsComment