Ok I just couldn't pass on this one. Maybe this post will help motivate someone out there! I was just reading an article on CNN about buying homes & it turns out that 22% of our buyers are Single Women. That's pretty cool if you ask me. Only 9% are single men.
Why do I think there are so many more single women buyers than men buyers?
For one, we mature faster. Hey, there are of course, exceptions to the rule but again, it's true.
Next, women like security. While a man could be content rooming with a friend forever a woman is wired differently. She wants the security of knowing she has a home of her own.
Women are better with money. Ok some men are of course way better but in general a woman can, for example, go shopping & find some great bargains. A man walks in a store & picks up the first thing that fits regardless of price. Women can budget their money more effectively too. Again, exceptions to the rule I've seen the exact opposite from both sexes before.
The quote doesn't go into whether children are involved or not. But if they are, the mothers were probably granted half or full time custody so I'm sure they want a HOME for their children.
I love it because it's empowering. So many people like to make life harder than it really is. This goes to show you that things are changing, women aren't waiting around for a man, they are just doing it.
I'm not a female activist or anything but I do believe there are some good points in all of this.
Here's a link to the article if you are interested.....Single Women HomeBuyers
(one thing I was confused by was....9% single men, 22% single women, 61% married couples = 92% - who are the other 8% - dogs???
(yeah, that's my Honey dog - I took this pic last night - isn't she cute?)