|THE Ormond Beach Real Estate & Community Events blog. By Lisa C. Hill, "THE SMART CHOICE!"|
Daytona Beach real estate is finally going green! Well, actually, it’s Ormond Beach.
ICI Homes has a “green” community on Granada Blvd., (aka Hwy 40) in Ormond Beach that is now in phase 2. It’s Chelsea Place. The sales staff was nice enough to take me on a tour and show me a video of how these homes are different than homes of the past. Yes, I’m saying “homes of the past” because it won’t be much longer, that buyer’s are willing to settle for the old way of doing things. And why should they buy real estate that doesn’t come with an Energy Star® Rating in one of these green, or as ICI is calling, “E Factor” homes, is coming with a guarantee from Florida Power and Light (FPL) that if their heating and cooling expenses the amount on their guarantee, FPL will reimburse the home owner!
Another great feature of the homes in Chelsea Place is the insulation. Rather than the problematic fiberglass that is most commonly used, is the spray foam created by Demilec (USA) LLC, called Sealection® 500, which has outperformed fiberglass in large-scale fire testing. Sealection® 500 has achieved the lowest smoke index figure of any spray foam insulation available. This means that Sealection ® 500 produces half the smoke of the next closest foam. It also does not melt and drip like polystyrene foam, and will not spread flames. Another astonishing fact about Sealection® 500 is it’s ability to control attic temperature. Here in Central Florida where attic temperatures can exceed 100 degrees in the summer, in houses that area insulated with Sealection® 500, the temperature will not exceed 80 degrees.
Some other fabulous features of the E Factor homes in Chelsea Place are...
- Energy Star rated appliances that operate 20-30% more efficiently than traditional appliances.
- Low E2 windows and doors. The windows are insulated glass and special coatings that reflect 2/3 of the sun’s U/V rays to prevent overheating and the fading of your furniture and decor.
- Programmable thermostats and ultra-quiet bathroom exhaust fans that further reduce “carbon footprints”.
- Variable speed air handlers that help control indoor humidity.
- 14-Seer Air Conditioning.
- Fresh Air Ventilation that keeps a positive pressure in the home, to hold out harmful pollutants and contaminants.
- Cooler operating duct work and tightly sealed HVAC which minimizes dust and odors.
- Carbon Monoxide alarms.
- Luxury amenities: fitness center, beach entry pool, lounging areas, children’s playground.
- Private parks and gathering pavilions.
- Pavered driveways and walkways.
- Gated, exclusive neighborhood.
- Fabulous location with close proximity to new medical facilities, and major roadways.
Homes in Chelsea Place range from the upper $200's to the upper $300's.