With the price of a barrel of oil hitting an all time high, the effect of this rising commodity will affect the bottom line for all of us. As a benefit to your clients and customers, you may want to share the website for local gas prices and provide quick tips on green driving. Each evening MSN.auto (Check out: Gas Prices) updates gas prices and you can search by zip code and also find articles relating to your auto. Some quick tips for green driving provided include:
- Air in your tires: I am so guilty of this one - something I always forget to check (must be a girl thing). But it's important and can improve your gas mileage by as much as 6%.
- Regular Servicing: whatever they do when they check it- plugs, air filter, and fuel filter. I'm going to add this as a calendar item for myself.
- Get rid of the junk in the trunk: While it may be great to add weight to the car in bad weather, it also adds to fuel consumption.
- Don't Speed: Very hard for lead-footed Realtors, but it too eats up the gas.
- Don't Be Idle: It's much cheaper to turn off the engine, than letting it idle.
- Consolidate: Don't drive alone on tour, plan trips when there is less traffic and combine what errands you can.
Plus besides saving money for you and you clients, you'll be green!