A "Pop Tart" is when a prospect calls you from an ad or sign and wants to see a property right away and you "pop up" without knowing anything about them. It's a potentially dangerous and/or time-wasting situation. Make a short list of 3 - 5 qualifying questions.
Here's an example of some questions:
- Are you working with another agent?
- Have you been pre-approved in writing by a reputable mortgage lender?
- Do you currently own a home that you need to sell before you buy?
- How long have you been looking for a home?
- Are you able to go ahead and make an offer when you find the right home?
Then ask questions to the prospect on the phone and explain to them the benefits of meeting you for a buyer consultation at your office or another public place first. By meeting with them, you'll get a deeper understanding of what their goals are. You can also tell them how you work and you can decide if they're qualified to work with you. This strategy will go a long way to increasing the quantity of qualified prospects, who will turn into your clients.
To your success,
Dan Weis, CRS, GRI, e-Pro
Cincinnati Referrals Welcome
Learn how to earn $100,000+ selling real estate.
Subscribe to FREE, weekly e-zine: AgentSuccessTips