Do you know of the cheapest way to get dot com domains? Currently, godaddy.com sells dot com domains at $9.99 per year. How much are you willing to pay for a dot com domain? Take a guess, how much the cheapest dot com can go down. $7? $5? $3? It is even lower than that!!! It is $1.99 for the first year. Did you hear me right? It is even cheaper than a dot info domain in godaddy.com which sells for $2.99.
You may think, is this legal? Yes, of course. I won't post something that is not legal here in activerain. Is there a limit to the number of dot com domains I can register? I am telling you now that you can get dot com domains in unlimited number. But for now, let us focus our discussion in getting a single dot com domain. If you want to know how to get dot com domains as many as you like, watch out for it in one of my future posts. To be sure you don't miss that post, you can always click the "Subscribe to Blog" button on the upper right corner of this blog or better yet, you can subscribe to my RSS feed.
Just like some of you, I believe, I am setting up websites left and right. Before, I used to buy dot info domains but Google doesn't love them much so the Big G does not index dot info domains as fast as dot com domains. So to make the long story short, I was forced to get dot com domains for my websites, if I intend to get fast ROI.
I researched for ways to lower my cost but the lowest I can find to get dot com domains was from a domain registrar in China at $3.50/year. But I want the domain registrar to be US-based so it will be easy for me to coordinate with them when I need to. Not that I can't call China but I am worried about the language barrier.
So I sat down and searched far and wide to get dot com domains the cheapest possible way, legally. After many searches I got disappointed and almost gave up. Until I suddenly realized that the domain registrar I am looking for is just right under my nose and your noses.
Here is how I discovered this little secret. I went to yahoo.com portal and went to their small business section. Lo and behold, I found it. I can get dot com domains at $1.99. I discovered a gold mine here. And I went on and register my dot com domain.
Here are the steps to get your dot com domain:
- Create your yahoo id. This is important! Do this first. Go to mail.yahoo.com and click the "Sign-up" link".
- Login to your new yahoo account and once you are in, visit the url http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/.
- Search for the dot com domain you want to register to check if it is still available.
- Sign-up when it is available.
- Skip the "Web Hosting Starter & Custom Mailbox". Select only "Just Get A Domain Name" and "1 yr. - $1.99", then press "Continue"
- Verify your yahoo id by typing your password.
- Enter your credit card and billing details. It is important that you don't select "Express Checkout" as you don't want Yahoo to store your credit card information if you are going to use the same credit card for the other domains that you will purchase in the future.
- Aside from $1.99 that will be charged on your credit card, you will get a pre-authorization of $1 per domain but the $1 will be reverted back to your card in a few days. So don't worry about it.
- Follow the remaining prompts. They should be self-explanatory.
With this information, you can get dot com domains at less than 20% of its normal price. You get really big savings if you register a lot of domains and create a network of sites and this will definitely lower your costs.
With continuous research and testing, we discover the most cost-effective strategies to build an online presence and this we pass on to our clients. Whether you want web design for your business, an e-Commerce solution, or a CRM integrated into your website, Will2Design.com offers you the best and affordable solutions.
Subscribe to CommentsComment