With the inventory so large, it is imperative for sellers to put some efforts to make their home salable. Your house should outshine the rest of houses in the market. If other factors like location and prices are RIGHT, then the possibilities of your home being in a tip top condition will make the difference.
· Keep lawn neat and moved. Replace dead plants and keep the shrubs pruned. Place some flowering plants near the door.
· Keep driveway and steps clear of debris. Fix all the cracks.
· Apply fresh paint as needed, and replace damaged bricks or wood siding.
· Repair any cracked or broken windows, and be sure the faucets or sprinkler systems are in good working order.
· If you have a pool, be sure it sparkles. Keep the patio area neat and yard furniture in good repair.
· Remove all unnecessary items. Clean the floor and tidy the shelves.
· Check caulking around tubs and showers and repair as needed.
· Replace or clean shower curtain.
· Repair leaking faucets, and replace tile and grout if needed.
BEDROOMS & CLOSETS:
· Make beds and put away clothes
· Be sure lights work and clothes are neatly hung.
· Shoes or other loose items should be stored in boxes and neatly arranged on shelves.
· Replace counter tile or grout as needed.
· Clean the oven and wax the floor.
· Be sure sinks and countertops are sparkling clean.
· Put dishes away.
· Be sure drapes and carpets are clean. Open drapes and turn on lights during showings.
· Apply paint as needed.
· Be sure all electrical systems and plumbing are in good working order.
· Replace light bulbs as needed.
· Clean windows inside and out.
· Put away toys
· Put fresh flowers in the living rooms.
· Do a quick once-over with the vacuum.
· Turn off television and play soft music.
· Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free
· Freshly baked cookies or scented candles and potpourri make the home smell great.