Active Rain just keeps getting better and better. I'm loving the new profile page format. It's crisp, clean and clear. I hope everyone else likes it as well.
New ActiveRain Profile Pages
We are very excited to announce the second phase in the redesign of ActiveRain. Today, we have released the newly redesigned profile pages on ActiveRain.
When we released the new header design, the functionality of the website didn't change much. We basically just moved around a few things. Well the new profiles are quite a change from the old profiles. We realize some people are resistant to change, so we'd like to share with you 10 reasons that we hope you are going to love the new profile pages.
Let's do it Letterman style.......a countdown.........
10. Marquee Header Photo: The new profile pages allow you to have a marquee header photo at the top of your profile page. Just like on Facebook, your new ActiveRain profile page allows you to have a large header image to catch people's attention and let them know what you are all about. You can visit the post Kerrie wrote to get the specifics on size.
9. Primary and Secondary Markets: In the past, members were only able to select one primary market where your profile was placed. With the new profiles, you are able to select one primary market, and up to 6 additional secondary markets to show up on your profile. You will not show up in the rankings for these other markets in any of the public lists around the site, but don't be surprised when we start making use of your secondary market information in the future.
8. Most Recent Posts Prominently Displayed: On the right hand side of your new profile page, we will display your 5 most recent posts for visitors to be able to easily access
7. Real Estate Resources: Of course, your 5 most recent posts may not be the most important posts or resources you have available for your clients or potential clients. So we now allow you to easily provide links to important real estate resources. It will probably be a good idea to link to your relocation guide. Or maybe you want to link over to your lender so someone can get pre-approved. No matter what you consider important, you can easily share that information with visitors to your new profile.
6. Add Your Expertise: In the past, if you wanted to talk about the area in which you specialized, you had to do it in the body of the text on your profile page. Now, you have the ability to list off the things in which you are an expert. Do you work short sales? Or maybe you specialize in co/ops? No matter what your specialty, you will be able to let anyone visiting your profile (including the search engines) know what you do best. I'm really excited about how this factors into an improved ActiveRain search in the future. Make sure to add your expertise to your profile!
5. Custom Call to Action Button: One of the primary purposes of the redesign of the profile page was to make the calls to action more obvious and to have them stand out a little bit more than before. The custom call to action button allows you to create an obvious call to action on your profile page that matches your business. You decide where the call to action link points and what the wording is on the button. Check out Kerrie's post to see which different calls to action are available.
4. Client Testimonials: You all have these, right? You should absolutely have a place online where you accumulate what your past clients have had to say about you. In your new ActiveRain profile, we have a special section that allows you to insert up to 30 client testimonials. The 8 you choose will show up on your profile with an easy way for people to find the other 22 professions of love for your business.
3. Social Media Icons: Everyone and their grandma has a Facebook account. So we want to make it super easy for people to connect with you on the more popular social media networks. The new ActiveRain profile makes it really easy to add a link to your Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn and then have the corresponding icon display on your page. Now, visitors to your profile can easily find you wherever you choose to let them find you.
2. A New Lead Widget: One of the more prominent features of the new profile pages on ActiveRain is the new 'Lead Widget' that displays near the top of the right hand column of the profile page. With this new widget, you can instruct visitors of your page to inquire however you would like them to inquire. As a default, the widget says 'ask me a question'. But you can change that verbiage to say whatever you would like it to say. Maybe you want it to say 'What Rate are you Looking for on your Loan?'. Or maybe as an agent you could have the lead widget say 'What area of Seattle are you looking to live?". The sky is the limit on how you can use that lead widget to engage the folks that end up checking out your profile.
1. Crisp, Clean Look and Feel: From the new header image, down to the featured video that we allow you to embed (we never even touched on that one.....so much cool new stuff), the design of the new profile pages is meant to focus on the things that allow potential clients to reach out and engage with you. We've limited your ability to customize the text portions of the page to a standard text size and color. We want the focus of the page to be on ways your next client can engage with you. We would rather they not be razzled and dazzled by dancing bears and purple font and left wondering how you can help them achieve their real estate goals.
We're super excited about the new profile page design on ActiveRain. For a more technical explanation of some of the features, please head over and check out Kerrie's post. She dives into the facts and figures behind the new profile pages. Chances are, if you have a question about something specific, Kerrie has the answer for it over on her post.
Up next on the redesign trail..........blog post pages.
Get a Tour of the New Profile Pages
If you would like to get a guided tour of the new profile pages, we will host three different webinars to give you a walk through of the new design and highlight the parts of the profile that we think it's important that you take the time to fill in (the new set up actually walks you through each section each time you go in to edit your profile until you completely fill it out). Go to MyHome and start the guided tour now.
We'd love if you would join us to check out the new profile pages and make sure you are taking full advantage. Just click on the date and time below that works best for you and register for the webinar.