How To Be A Productive Realtor If You're Too Sick To Leave The House. Yes, I am a Realtor and I am sick. Sick enough that I most likely can't leave the house for at least a week. Maybe longer.
I have the Chicken Pox. Seriously. The Chicken Pox.
While I feel sort of okay most of the time, I look like a horror movie. Chicken Pox all over my face. Yuck. Eye swollen shut. Double Yuck. And since I feel sort of okay most of the time (except when I am itching horrifically and/or feeling like I'm gonna pass out), I can feel like climbing the walls when I get bored with all this "OMG I have the chicken pox" stuff.
So, I am compiling a list of things I can do to stay productive, still service my clients, and stay on track with my all-important prospecting activities. I hope this helps you if YOU ever come down with a dreaded, inconvenient case of chicken pox or other illness that keeps you confined even if you don't feel too terrible.
Top Ten Things I've Been Doing To Stay Productive Even If I Am Sick And Can't Leave The House
- Handwritten Notes - My goal has always been to send 5 hand-written notes a week to past clients and people I've run into lately. Unfortunately, I am behind with that goal. By the time I can venture out again, I will be all caught up.
- Website Tweaking - Laying on the sofa and feeling miserable, I am surfing the net and checking up on my websites to make sure they are up to date and looking fresh.
- Holiday Cards - I'm getting a head start on addressing my Holiday cards that I usually send to past and current clients and customers. No rushing at the last minute for me this year!
- Webinars, webinars, webinars. I definitely have time to attend webinars and actually stay until the end.
- Clean up my contacts. Get rid of anybody I haven't contacted in years - and anybody that makes me think to myself "Who the hell IS this?"
- Clean out my Inbox. Need I say more? Everybody's Inbox is a mess, mine too.
- Research old Expired Listings - Some days it's hard enough to keep up with the daily expireds, let alone old ones. But I know from previous times, old expireds can be a gold mine. I just can't visit them until I no longer look like a freak show.
- Tweak Your Business Plan - Okay, don't lie. Most of you don't actually have a business plan, but if you do, September is a great time to see if it needs tweaked to get fall and early winter business.
- Pick Up The Phone - There's no better thing to do to get business than to pick up the phone. I am starting with the A's and ending with the Z's. I'm gonna tell the truth and say, "I am down with the Chicken Pox and can't leave the house, so thought I'd call everyone I know and ask for sympathy." No, seriously, I don't even have to tell them I'm sick. Just touch base and ask for referrals.
- Blog - Need I say more?
Also possibilities for the list are the following, which aren't very productive:
- online catalogues
- junk food
- video games
- re-runs of The Vampire Diaries
If you're gonna pick only one thing from the Top Ten list, I would suggest Handwritten Notes. You can write them and address them and still watch re-runs of The Vampire Diaries.