Sitting at my keyboard this afternoon making updates to a client's web copy, I started wondering... How many other real estate websites need similar attention?
How many real estate websites need...
- Updates to agent designations or awards?
- Updates to reflect changes in email addresses or telephone numbers?
- New copy to reflect the changing seasons... are your buyer or seller pages still talking about Spring?
- Addition or removal of links to outside articles?
- Addition of testimonials received over the past few months?
- Addition of links to Active Rain blog posts?
- "Share" buttons on exceptional articles?
- Changes to articles that mention out-of-date statistics?
Making these changes can be a huge job if your site includes a lot of pages - and right now you're busy. You don't have time to take a whole day at the computer. So why not create a system for getting this done over the next few weeks?
Make a promise to yourself and set aside 10 or 15 minutes in the morning or evening to read and correct just one page on your site. (Keep a list, so you'll remember which you've updated.) Then if you have extra time and feel like continuing, fix one more - or two more.
If you know you're only promising yourself to sit down for 10 or 15 minutes rather than 4 or 5 hours, you'll probably get it done.
And before you know it, your website will be fresh and ready for the fall and winter seasons.