Cape Coral Florida offers some of the lowest prices on waterfront property in the state of Florida. Specially in Cape Coral Florida, where Foreclosures and Bank Short Sale property has rolled back prices down to almost 10 years!
When looking to purchase a waterfront Property, here are a few things you should review besides the condition of the home.
(1) The top of the seawall is important to check many home buyers and agents do not check the condition of the seawall. The rain water should be flowing over top of the sea wall into the canal. Check to insure the water is not running behind the wall and underneath to the waterway.This will cause the seawall to weaken and crack. You should walk the entire edge of the sea wall where the yard meets the seawall. If there is already water running behind the wall you will notice the soil will be starting to wash away.
(2) The water surface side of the seawall and water depth. you should look at the outside wall surface to insure there are no major cracks. Replacing a seawall can cost several thousands dollars. Repairing should be done right after closing on the property. The water depth at the dock should be reviewed at high and low tide times. I would also check to insure you have good water depth all year around to go boating.
(3) Condition of the dock and boat lift. l personally look at every piling to insure there are no major cracks or "Pealing of wood" Stress cracks on pilings holding the metal supports for the boat lift will be located where the lift is bolted to the piling. I would operate the lift, if it has not been oiled in a while it will make a large noise. if it shakes I would have in inspected by a Marine Contractor and the bearings could be going and in need of replacement. ( I can give you a good reference of a Marine Contractor to give you a estimate of repairing or replacing the current lift. )
(4) Boating distance to the River and the Gulf of Mexico. We have over 300 miles of Gulf Access Waterfront in Cape Coral Florida. In some areas yes we do have a lot of water but during the dry season we have some canals that are hard to get a boat out to open water. We have different bridge heights (Boat clearance ) within the city of Cape Coral.
(5) Big difference in locations regards to boating distance (time in boating travel) to the river and open waterway. As a home buyer you should know how long it will take you to get out to open water and what size of boat would you be limited to buying from any homes location.
I boat and fish these local waterways. You should be working with a Realtor who will help you get your best price and terms on your next home purchase! I will insure you will enjoy your new Gulf Access Waterfront home purchase as well as your boating experiences for years to come!
Call me today or email me for my "Top 10 Best Buys On The Waterfront "
I look forward to helping you buy your very own "Piece of Paradise"