ASK AN AMBASSADOR: Have You Written FAQ Posts?
If you want to get extra mileage out of your blogging work, write FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) posts. We've had Active Rain challenges in the past that rewarded bloggers for answering questions that you get asked frequently. Face it, there are MANY questions you get asked over and over!
- How much can I get for my house?
- How long will it take to sell my home?
- How do I appeal the taxes on the home I bought?
- How do I apply for a homestead exemption?
- What do I need to do to prep my home for sale?
- How do you market my home for sale?
- What do I need to know about septic systems? wells? cisterns?
- What does the residential property disclosure form cover? Do I need to disclose a problem I had 7 years ago?
- Why are you requiring me to get a preapproval letter?
- How much are HOA fees for ________ community? What services are provided?
- When does school start?
- Where can I find golf course homes?
- Pool community homes?
And we're just barely scratching the surface on the FAQs you could write!
Once you've written these posts, you can get plenty of use out of them. If you've got other websites, you can create a FAQ section, or take the content and create a Wordpress page. And when you get one of those emails asking a question you've covered, write an intro and include the link to your FAQ blog post. Easy peasy, right? Why reinvent the wheel when you've already ridden that unicycle? Don't you already have enough new work to do to not repeat past work?
Keep on Blogging!
Liz and Bill aka BLiz