Parents Will Eat Their Young....
not all of the time, but sometimes, and only in the wild......
But I will tell you that I do understand the frustrations that leaders face when teaching and mentoring others.
I love my kids, but as I tell them.....each day I have a different favorite....for the day. I also tell them that while I do love them, I don't have to like them all of the time......
Being a so called expert in my field it really irritates me when people:
- Get referred to me;
- Schedule an appointment;
- Ask for my counsel and advice;
- Thank me for my time; and then
leave the opposite and do the exact opposite of the plan that we all had agreed to.
Sometimes it's when I tell the buyer
- "Don't buy a car" prior to buying a home;
- Don't go out and get new credit;
- Don't try to fix your credit on your own;
- Don't make an offer on a property greater than what you've been pre-approved for;
- Don't set a quick closing date just because you're excited and want to move into your house immediately;
- Don't believe every rate and promise by online mortgage companies and then come back to me to undo the mess created by someone you've never met nor will ever talk to the rest of your life
I get it! I tell my kids, that I love them, but I don't always like them. Same with my clients. But....it does make me appreciate the vast majority of my clients, The vast majority of my clients, upon receiving counsel, actually follow the counsel and everyone goes to closing thrilled and happy!