Sounds like a nursery rhyme, doesn't it? 7 Specifics to Successful [[[HOME]]] Sales a Seller Should Know. And my son added, "Placing brackets on 'home' like that makes your title look like it's wearing a bow-tie!" Why yes, Dr. Who fan, yes, it does. On to the 7 tips today...
Successfully completing the transfer of property is never an accidental occurrence. Neither is it dependent upon luck or happenstance. Not when you are fully prepared for a successful sale with these 7 specifics working in your favor.
1. Reputation – of the broker you choose for representation; a broker with a reputation for professionalism ensures other brokers prefer to work with them. This increases your potential buyer pool.
2. Ability – of the broker to determine the most advantageous marketing techniques for your specific home so it will appeal to what buyers in the current marketplace are seeking. This may include staging and other sales preparation techniques (Pre-packing: boxing up non-essentials you will be taking to your new home; not only de-clutters and removes personal affects to guard against loss from breakage; it gets your thoughts fixed on moving! Seeing those boxes labeled and neatly stacked lets buyers know you are serious about selling, too.)
3. Expertise – of the broker in pricing the home for sale, taking into consideration the surrounding neighborhoods recent sales, comparable homes for sale that will compete for buyers attentions and the unique features your home offers.
4. Knowledge – not just of real estate market conditions, but also of mortgage types, how each type affect the sales process and costs involved and what specific requirements a home would need to meet for each type.
5. Skill – of the broker in vetting offers received and negotiating for the desired goals of the Seller to be met and even exceeded.
6. Owner/Broker relationship – established as the broker listens carefully to determine the Sellers needs and the Seller displays the willingness to trust the brokers’ instincts. Seller should be comfortable referring all calls and questions about the home and sale to their broker, and be willing to speak freely of desired outcomes in all negotiations of offers received.
7. Patience – of both the Seller and the broker as they journey the necessary steps from preparation to showings to negotiating a contract for the best possible terms and conditions of the sale, while ensuring each detail is carefully weighed to the best interest of the Seller.
The exact reason you are selling and the time frame you must fit into will have their bearing on all parts of this process as well. A need to sell quickly may dictate a different pricing structure or the terms you agree to settle on. Having the 7 specifics in place will certainly lower the stress level and increase your likelihood of the most satisfying of circumstances in the sale of your home.
I’ve been helping Sellers like you successfully sell property for over 10 years now, and I can help you. Everyone I helped in 2013 so far had more than one offer! Everyone I represented in 2013 got what they wanted and then some. Call me when you are ready to sell and let’s talk about what will work best for your situation.