Ask An Ambassador: How Do I Get The Most Value Out Of Active Rain?
For starters, there's no one answer to this question: What is Active Rain & what is your primary purpose(s) for being here?
- It's a blogging site obviously, and if you have a Rainmaker account a ticket to get your voice heard by everyone on the Internet.
- It's a social site too. A place where you can be Norm from Cheers. A place where others DO know exactly what you're going through on a daily basis! Virtual or in real life, you can make some true friends in the Rain.
- It's a training site. Whether it's blogs or the Active Rain University, there's training to be had. SEO, prospecting, you name it, someone has it covered.
- It's a tips and advice site. Want to know about the latest bright & shiny? Software, hardware, services. Someone here has probably covered it.
- It's a referral network. Hands down, this beats handing out 1000 business cards at the convention. You get to know people here and can feel comfortable that your friends, family & clients will be well taken care of.
- It's a business building site, you just have to figure out the best techniques to use for your local market. Results DO vary according to market.
Regardless, our recommendation is the same: PARTICIPATE! Write, read, comment, learn, apply. Rinse, lather, repeat. Participate enough that you get to know people and they know you. Find your blogging voice. Grab the keyboard and get after it, and often as long as your quality doesn't suffer.
Learn, prospect, socialize, find the balance that works for your available time and resources. And might we suggest, find a blogging niche, because niche blogging is what we find makes the phone ring more than anything else we write.
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz