If your house is anything like mine, the last few weeks have been much quieter at home. The kids have gone back to school and I find myself looking around and thinking, “It's organize time! Cleanout time! Time to spruce up and welcome the new season!” Inspired by the changing seasonal colors (my azaleas popped out!) right now is a great time to introduce some new color into your home! There are ways to switch things up without going to a lot of expense or trouble.
* Change your throw rugs for a dash of difference
* Rearrange your wall art; substitute hangings from one room with another. The best fun with this is seeing which family members notice!
* Slipcover your throw pillows for instant fresh appeal. You can purchase slipcovers or if you are crafty, sew them yourself! This is a great way to introduce new color without the expense of new pillows!
* Repurpose furniture from one area of the home into another; rearrange your furnishings for a fresh perspective
* Window treatments accomplish so many tasks for us; subduing sunlight, affording privacy. They also lay a foundation for a room’s ambience. You can try something as simple as adding some lightly colored sheers between the drapes to change the mood. This also lets a little extra sunlight in to brighten things up!
* Keep the existing sheers and change up the heavier framing panels, or add them if they aren’t already there.
With minimal cost, none of the upheaval of major remodeling and just a little effort on your part switching things up a little can set a whole new mood throughout your home! They say variety is the spice of life. Spice things up at your place this season with any or all of these fast and easy ideas.
What quick switches have you tried for refreshing your home’s décor without a lot of expense or time involved? Leave a comment here to share your best ideas with the rest of us, thanks! And enjoy all the “new moods” you’ve inspired!
p.s. Local Dallas/Fort Worth area professionals who can help if you want pro opinion are: