Battlefield Green Neighborhood
This week’s spotlight is on a wonderful neighborhood in Mechanicsville – Battlefield Green!
Battlefield Green in Hanover County ---
Battlefield Green is a nice planned neighborhood off Mechanicsville Turnpike (Rt. 360) in Area 44 of Hanover County, and is only minutes from shopping on Mechanicsville Turnpike. Less than 10 minutes to I-295 allows you easy access to White Oak Shopping Center in eastern Henrico County, as well as Virginia Center Commons Mall and Short Pump Town Center.
In Battlefield Green there are 550 homes – 77 are townhome styled and the remaining are single family homes. Styles in single family homes range from small ranch styled homes with 1200+ SF up to larger 2 story homes with almost 3000 SF. Many single family homes will have garages, however, the smaller homes will not have garages. The townhomes are all 2 story – there are Victorian styled contemporary townhomes in the Rolling Forest section and there are more traditional styled townhomes in a small section of the neighborhood.
Battlefield Green Amenities ---
Amenities in the neighborhood include sidewalks and street lights, basketball courts as well as some small tot lots throughout the neighborhood. There is also a pool, tennis courts, clubhouse & pavilion area with barbecue grills (for an additional one time fee). The association fee in the neighborhood is currently at $120/quarter (subject to change) as well as a one time fee of $300 for the pool, tennis, clubhouse & pavilion.
Battlefield Green Highlights ---
Here are a few facts about the neighborhood you may wish to keep in mind:
- Schools are Pole Green ES, Oak Knoll MS, Hanover HS
- Prices for single family homes sold in 2013 ranged from $136,000 to $240,000
- Prices/SF for single family homes sold in 2013 averaged $112/SF (ranging from $64/SF for a foreclosed home to $157/SF for a home with numerous top of the line upgrades throughout) and single family homes in 2013 sold in an average of 51 days
- Prices for a townhome sold in 2013 ranged from $130,000 to $152,000
- Prices/SF for a townhome sold in 2013 averaged $106/SF (ranging from $102/SF to $116/SF for a top of the line upgraded unit), and townhomes sold in 2013 sold in an average of 30 days
- The neighborhood was developed between 1984 and 1995
- Many homes have been renovated over the years
Battlefield Green Real Estate For Sale ---
I am proud to be an expert Realtor in Battlefield Green. If you want to find out more about Battlefield Green, or any other home in the Hanover County area, please feel free to get in touch with me! As your Battlefield Green real estate expert, I am here to help! Just fill out the form below and let me know how I can help! Have a great day!