What I’ve Learned About Growing My Business
In this challenge Paul McFadden has asked us to tell what we’ve learned in our real estate career.
I’ve been in the real estate business since 2005 and over the years I have learned many things about growing my business. Here are some of my thoughts.
- There are no magic answers. It is important to have a business plan and then follow it.
- Prospecting is the key to my success. I must prospect daily to build and grow my business. This includes activities that make me uncomfortable like talking to FSBO’s and expireds. The more I do it the easier it gets.
- I must have a good listing presentation. A listing appointment is a job interview and most of the times I have only one chance to get the listing agreement signed. I must tell the sellers what they need to hear and not what they want to hear.
- I must know the market statistics in my market area such as average days on the market, total listings for sale, total properties going under contract, total properties closed etc. Knowing this data helps me to speak with confidence as a market expert.
- I must invest in education and training. I must attend several seminars in a year, this helps me to be better at what I do.
- Open houses can be beneficial if they are planned and advertised well, otherwise they are a total waste of time…and yes you can get listings by holding open houses…not just buyer leads.
- Do not focus on the money, instead focus on what is best for the client and do what you say you will do as it is important to be trustworthy.
- I must embrace new technology and become good at it.
- Communication is very important. It is important to communicate often with your customers and keep them updated with what is going on in the market as well as with the sale of their home if it is a seller. It is also important to communicate with buyers and other agents and all other parties in a transaction.
- No one is born successful, we have to learn how to be successful.
Questions about the neighborhood, the community, the market? I'm always happy to help - Give me a call!
About the Author...This article was provided by, Rekha Vyas a Nationally recognized Realtor, Certified Residential Specialist and Graduate of the Realtor Institute. Rekha can be reached via e-mail at RekhaVyas1@gmail.com by cell phone or text message at 321-759-4409. Rekha has helped many people buy and sell their home. For real estate and homes on the Space Coast of Florida see www.RekhaVyasRealtor.com. If you need to Short Sale your Brevard county home please contact me for more information.
To connect with me, enter code KW273POJ4 when you install the KW app.