|2BR/1BA Single Family House
||offered at $747,500
||1 full, 0 partial
||$0 per month
|For more info visit: http://www.homevisit.com/mlsTour?ver=1&id=70921
Extraordinary Neighborhood: Lyon Park (Arlington VA)
In this highly-desirable, cosmopolitan neighborhood, you will find some Nova's finest. In the heart of the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor, a variety of popular restaurants, shops, parks, residential neighborhoods, apartment buildings, condos, and major employers are all within a just a few blocks of the Clarendon Metro station. Here it's easy to live, work, shop, play and stay out past five...all without having to drive. The neighborhood is served by bus, Metrorail, ART-Arlington Transit, bike lanes and routes, pedestrian amenities, and even car-sharing. Along with Clarendon, Courthouse, Ballston and Rosslyn, are all located on the Wilson -Clarendon Boulevard corridor, which was named one of 10 "Great Streets" in the U.S. by the American Planning Association.
Henry Clay Park, located directly across the street from the house, has a pre-school playground and a school-aged playground, along with a full basketball court. In the heart of Lyon Park is a large Community Meeting Center, where the neighborhood association regularly hosts community events and activities, and maintains a large playground with related seasonal activities always on the calendar.
On the other side of Wilson Blvd sits Lyon "Village" Park, which boasts a 1.5-acre fenced in park packed full of recreational amenities. Picnic tables and a sheltered picnic area are open to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis, and water fountains are available on-site. There are two Tennis Courts and a Basketball Court at the park, all of which are lit until 11 p.m. In addition to a playground, the park's Sprayground is also open between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
James Hunter Park, a newly-constructed dog and people park, sits just a stone's throw from Clarendon Metro and features ample grass and park benches for picnics and a large fountain for your furry friend to cool off.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN LYON PARK:
Saturday, October 12, 2013 -- Lyon Park Yard and Bake Sale, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Saturday, October 26, 2013 -- Halloween parade of costumes
Saturday, October 26, 2013 -- Lyon Park spaghetti dinner
Thursday, October 31, 2013 -- Halloween Bonfire
Saturday, November 23, 2013 -- Annual not-just-a-craft-fair
Friday, December 13, 2013 -- Children's holiday party
2nd and 4th Sundays of every month -- Capital Area Bluegrass Old-time Music Association plays at the Park, 2-6 pm
• Immediate proximity to the core of DC downtown & NoVa hotspots make it extremely desirable
• Blocks to METRO (Orange line), buses, Whole Foods and more
Minutes to Rt. 50 or Rt 66! Minutes to DC, the Pentagon, Tysons Corner, C&O Canal, Potomac River, and Reagan National Airport
- Great curb appeal! Large front sitting porch with brand-new railing
- One-of-a-kind details throughout the home including original door knobs, custom plantation shutters, original solid wood front door, antique light fixtures and gorgeous original hardwood floors
- Front door leads to an open layout on main level
- Open living / dining room features ample space for entertaining, great natural light and new lighting in dining room.
- Kitchen features new stainless steel appliances, brand new Giallo Ornamental granite counter tops, attractive cabinets, brand-new extra deep double sink, and an eat-in breakfast nook.
- Off of the breakfast nook, sliding glass doors let in tons of light and open to a private back yard.
- Back yard is an entertainer's dream: fully fenced with a huge gorgeous all-wood deck!
- Master bedroom offers plenty of space for furniture and features a chandelier, matching hardwoods and newly-installed custom blackout blinds.
- Bathroom features a soaking tub and durable ceramic tile floors
- Upstairs bedroom features new carpet (2011), additional storage a large skylight, and provides additional space for a nursery, office or sitting area.
List of Recent Upgrades:
New Stainless Steel Appliances 2013 -Warranty w/ Home Depot
New Cabinets 2013 - Warranty w/ Home Depot
New Light Fixtures throughout house 2013
Painting (bedroom, living room, and dining room) 2009
Custom Plantation Shutters (downstairs) 2009 - Lifetime Warranty w/ Next Day
Custom Blackout Blinds 2012 - Lifetime Warranty w/ Next Day
New AC/HVAC System Installed with programmable thermostat 2010 - Warranty w/ Donmar
New Insulation in the Crawl Space 2010 - Century Home Improvement
Fenced in Backyard 2011 - Carter Brothers Fence
Paved Driveway with custom paver stones 2012 - GreenAcres Landscaping
Professional landscaping 2011 - GreenAcres Landscaping
New Carpet Upstairs 2011 - Lifetime warranty w/ Luna
New Painting Upstairs 2011
New Drywall in downstairs Bedroom 2012 - Century Home Improvement
Chimney Relined and Sealed 2009 - Prince Chimney Service
New Front Porch 2013
Granite Countertops 2013
New Screen Door for sliding back door 2013
Outdoor Maintenance (landscaping, power wash outdoor woodwork, update light fixtures and bathroom fixtures) 2013
Tile Utility Room 2013
- Central Cooling and Heating (installed by Donmar -- BRAND NEW system in 2010)
- Built 1930
- 2012 Taxes - $6,222
- Clarendon METRO just blocks away!
- Best Bus Routes?
- Easy access to major commuter arteries, including 66, 395 and Route 50
- Capital Bikeshare
Popular Bars & Restaurants within Walking Distance:
Hard Times Café
Many many more!
Corner Bakery Cafe
Market Commons @ Clarendon features:
Crate & Barrel
South Moon Under
Barnes & Noble
Eastern Mountain Sports