Growing up military (back then) we moved at least every three years or more. I was born in Texas but grew up for many years overseas. When I moved to Colorado as an adult I felt like Colorado had found me versus me finding it.
Colorado is often thought of for the stunning mountain ranges that cross our state and within those the mountains that stand over 14,000 feet in elevation (around here they are called 14'ers and people hike them). We are also known for our skiing and the ski resorts here sit in beautiful areas the all have their "groupies" for a variety of personal reasons (location, amount of snow, terrain, lifts, ski town, restaurants, beauty, etc). Colorado also has incredibly blue skies that some would swear are photo shopped in photographs and the truth is it really is that blue.
Some other things that I love about Colorado:
- The Climate - over 300 days of sunshine per year
- Outdoor living/recreation/fun - with millions of acres of government land in our state there is a huge backyard to play in and discover in every season.
- Fishing - lake and fly fishing
- The People - although some are the genuine "Natives" there are many of us from somewhere else. As a melting pot we have so many different people who all bring great character, traits, preferences and outlooks on life.
- Four Seasons - we really do have a Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall
- Natural Beauty - with this much of Mother Nature around you in such a big and commanding way it is hard not to be astounded regularly
- Sports (whether little league, high school, college, semi-pro or pro we have a love for them all)
- Gardening (we have discovered how valuable a greenhouse can be)