Homes sold in Hingham - September 2013
With the approach of cooler weather, home sales in Hingham, Massachusetts, are following suit in an annual seasonal pattern that is typical of this time of the year.
25 single-family homes sold in September
- down from 38 in August, but up from 19 last September
- a list with details about each sale appears below
SALES price was $744,000
- down from an unusually high $905,000 in August, but up from $720,000 in July and $726,000 last September
LISTING price was $771,000
- up from $739,000 in July and $753,000 last September
ORIGINAL price was $827,000
- up from $756,000 in July and $783,000 last September
- ASSESSMENT was skewed by unassessed new construction at $668,000
- AGE is 73 years (built in 1940)
Average = total prices / number of homes
- SALES price was $650,000
- LISTING price was $680,000
- ORIGINAL price was $680,000
- ASSESSMENT was $570,000
Median = the home halfway down the list
number of days on market was 106
- up from 82 in August and 100 last September
square footage was 2,297
- down from 2,636 in August and 2,458 last September
price paid per square foot was $319
- down from $335 in August and up from $293 last September
- home sold for about 90% of its original asking price and 93% of its last listing price
122 single-family homes are on the market in Hingham today
- That's 5 months of inventory, and climbing
50 new properties came on the market in September
- 35 properties are currently under agreement or contingent
Mortgage interest rates are trading around 4 1/4%
- At 4.5%, the monthly payment per $100,000 of principal loan amount is $506
In Hingham, the real estate market remains rather warm, with several quick sales at prices at or above list price. There was one very high-priced sale last month, but comparisons with July and last September still show increases in prices of somewhat less than 5%. There are indications that new sellers have fairly high expectations about the prices their homes will fetch.
As we head into the fall, with more inventory coming to market than is selling, it will be worth watching to see whether buyers are willing to continue to pay up to buy in Hingham. Buyers have more options, but at less favorable prices. With a pre-approval in hand, buyers should be able to find and buy a terrific and beautiful home, if they think the value is there.
If you know someone who is considering buying or selling a home, please give me a call. I will provide professional, courteous service and knowledgeable guidance.
Contact me to sell your home, or to see any home for sale on the South Shore
Stay in touch at Brad MacKenzie Homes, Duxbury Homes and Luxury Homes on the South Shore
Numbers may be rounded to nearest thousand. The information contained in this report, Homes sold in Hingham - September 2013, was taken from MLS Data run on 10/04/2013 and represents all single-family home sales in Hingham from 09/01/2013 to 09/30/2013. It is deemed reliable but cannot be guaranteed. It is not our intention to solicit other real estate broker’s clients. We are happy to work with them and cooperate fully. ©2013 Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. Coldwell Banker is a registered trademark licensed to Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Housing Opportunity. Owned and operated by NRT, LLC.