Homes sold in Kingston - September 2013
The busy summer for home sales in Kingston, Massachusetts, slowed dramatically in September, as it usually does at this time of year, and prices retreated on thin volume.
8 single-family homes sold in September
- down from 19 in August and 13 in September 2012
- a list with details about each sale appears below
SALES price was $378,000
- down from $439,000 in August but up from $270,000 last September
LISTING price was $381,000
- down from $452,000 in August but up from $277,000 last September
ORIGINAL price was $390,000
- down from $461,000 in August but up from $290,000 last September
- ASSESSMENT was $252,000
- AGE is 30 years (built in 1983)
Average = total prices / number of homes
- SALES price was $491,000
- LISTING price was $400,000
- ORIGINAL price was $400,000
- ASSESSMENT was $48,000
Median = the home halfway down the list. This is an anamolous example: new construction with built-outs not included in the listing price.
number of days on market was 77
- down from 81 in August and 112 last September
square footage was 2,069
- down from 2,303 in August but up from 1,705 last September
price paid per square foot was $198
- down from $199 in August but up from $164 last September
homes sold for about 97% of its original asking price and 99% of its last listing price
- but that's skewed upwards by 3-4% by the one sale out of the eight that sold for $91,000 over asking price
87 single-family homes are on the market in Kingston today
- That's 11 months of inventory, and rising
24 new properties came on the market in September
- 10 homes are under agreement or contingent
Mortgage interest rates are trading around 4 1/4%
- At 4.5%, the monthly payment per $100,000 of principal loan amount is $506
In Kingston, properly priced homes are selling quickly, while others are languishing. At the same time, there are clearly prepared buyers in the market, pre-approvals in hand, looking for the right property to come up for sale. Overall, prices in Kingston have recovered quite a bit since last year, but the end of summer is likely to be the start of a bit of a retreat over the fall and winter.
If you know someone who is considering buying or selling a home, please give me a call. I will provide professional, courteous service and knowledgeable guidance.
Contact me to sell your home, or to see any home for sale on the South Shore
Stay in touch at Brad MacKenzie Homes, Kingston Homes and Luxury Homes on the South Shore
Numbers may be rounded to nearest thousand. The information contained in this report, Homes sold in Kingston - September 2013, was taken from MLS Data run on 10/03/2013 and represents all single-family home sales in Kingston from 09/01/2013 to 09/30/2013. It is deemed reliable but cannot be guaranteed. It is not our intention to solicit other real estate broker’s clients. We are happy to work with them and cooperate fully. ©2013 Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. Coldwell Banker is a registered trademark licensed to Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Housing Opportunity. Owned and operated by NRT, LLC.