Google Plus and Real Estate
I'm not a novice at social media when it comes to real estate or promoting my business online. I blog, populate four active real estate websites in the Augusta area and work daily in this industry with buyers and seller. Honestly, in my 7 or so years of seriously focusing on SEO and social media for business,
I've never had such a quick reaction as I have recently with the addition of Google Plus to my social media campaign. I'm not a tech guru or really that computer savvy, but this is my true experience with Google Plus and real estate over the past 2 weeks.
My Google+ Hold Out
Google is the dominate one when it comes to online marketing and SEO, we all can agree on that. Even with that said, I was reluctant with Google Plus and real estate. I, like most, was complaining about just another social media account to keep up with and produce relevant, original content for. Until recently.... I decided to give Google+ a chance and completed my profile. I began to post a few blogs from my real estate site, I loaded a video from YouTube, even began to have a little fun! Make sure to check out #Caturday HILARIOUS!
My SEO Results
A short time passed (I think maybe a week), I started to see new traffic, comments and page visits on the newly created content I posted. To my amazement, when I searched for these pages to check their placement I was happily surprised to find most were on the front page of Google for their search terms. All were a direct link to the Google Plus real estate post and then the light-bulb moment...Google is rewarding Google+ users with quicker indexing of content, so my point is, if your are a Realtor and you are using social media in your business, get to posting on Google Plus and real estate exposure will happen!
What I've Learned About Google Plus and Real Estate:
- Use the "Nearby" feature to search for others using Google+ in your area..Great way to build your local sphere of influence
- Don't underestimate the power of the #hashtag Google loves these, all the post that received quick indexing had good hashtags
- Be active, +1 and comment other users post - aka Actively Networking
- If you are not already set up your Google Authorship on your blogs and websites..DO THIS! It's obvious Google is loving those real people who are loyal Google users
- Join Communities within Google Plus and try to think outside of the real estate box
- Google Plus and real estate = Awesome SEO Benefits!
I'm not a Google+ for real estate expert, but I felt like I needed to get my real-world real-business experience out there. I'm not easliy amazed, but Google Plus just proved me wrong. I would love to hear about your experiences with Google Plus and real estate.
Connect with me online, including Google+