Is the Overland Park real estate market heating up? As an Overland Park Realtor, I am asked this question every day. Statistics tell the real story. Things look very encouraging according to The September 2013 Kansas City Housing Market Report from the Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® and Heartland Multiple Listing Service:
Highlights from the September data include:
• September 2013 average sales price for new & existing homes combined (183,559) is 8 percent higher than September 2012.
• There were 2,525 homes sales (new & existing combined) for September 2013 - 21 percent higher than September 2012 (2,082).
• Home inventory (new & existing combined) for September 2013 is down 4 percent compared to September 2012.
• Pending sales for new and existing homes combined are 5 percent higher for September 2013 (1,763) vs. September 2012 (1,676).
• The supply of new and existing homes for September 2013 is 5.3 months; 1 month lower than September 2012. A 5.3 month supply represents a balanced market.
Relocating to Overland Park? Leaving the area? Whether you are selling or buying, I can help. Consider me your Overland Park Realtor. I serve the bordering cities as well.