Lancaster Online.com reported that Lancaster's famous Anne Beiler, founder of Auntie Anne's Pretzels is selling her real estate holdings and moving to Texas to be near her daughter. This is a HUGE amount of real estate and will be sold by live and sealed bid auctions. Visit Madison Hawk's website to see more pictures / get more info. All 7 properties are in Salisbury Township and include:
(pictures courtesy of Madison Hawk)
"To be sold via sealed bid due Dec. 5 are:
• A 91.4-acre parcel of industrial and commercial land, fronting on Lincoln Highway East.
• A 53,000-square-foot building at 835 Houston Run Drive used by the Family Center of Gap, where counseling, a library, child care, a thrift shop and other services are offered.
• A four-bedroom, 5,600-square-foot house and a 9,000-square-foot barn on 5 acres at 863 Brackbill Road.
This is the home of another daughter of the Beilers, LaWonna Goedhart, and her family.
To be sold at auction on Dec. 11 at 3 p.m. in the DoubleTree at Willow Valley are:
• A 53,000-square-foot medical office building at 836 Houston Run Drive, with a suggested opening bid of $1.7 million.
• A 6,000-square-foot restored historic home at 5380 Lincoln Highway East, now offices for the Beilers' real estate company and foundation, with a suggested opening bid of $300,000.
• A six-bedroom house at 941 Timberline Drive, where the Beilers live, built to entertain corporate guests and family, with a suggested opening bid of $300,000.
• A 10.4-acre wooded lot, zoned residential, near Lincoln Highway East, with a suggested opening bid of $150,000.
Read more in the online article here.