The appraisal process is an essential step before looking for a potential buyer for your Minnetonka homes for sale. You have to prepare your home for appraisal before you start contacting an appraiser. Remember: preparing your property for an appraisal can be crucial and tough because you don’t want the appraiser get a bad impression of your home. It is the appraiser’s job to determine the market value of your property. This will solidify the banks assessed value of the property, which is necessary for loan approval.
If you have been doing your research, as you are now, you have likely already done this in preparation for the sale of your Minnetonka home. If you haven't there's no time like now to start...you have to move anyways right? Time to tidy up! Here are some helpful tips on how to prepare for an appraisal of your Minnetonka homes for sale:
- Think positively about everything. Take one step at a time.
- Make sure all light bulbs are working and make the necessary repairs, like damaged door knobs, broken windows, and upgrade old fixtures, especially bathroom fixtures.
- Repaint any faded walls, and clean each room thoroughly. This can make your home feel cozy and comfortable to live.
- You don’t need to spend much money just to upgrade your home. See to it that your home is in its best condition and make it look as lovely and as new as possible before putting it on the Minnetonka MLS.
- Another way to prepare is to clean your backyard and trim your garden. Plant colorful and, if available, fragrant flowers and other attractive (yet affordable) plants, especially in your front-door. Your garden can also have a great impact in the over-all impression of your property. In this way, you can possibly influence the appraiser and convince that your property has a good market value.
- Present your Minnetonka homes for sale property to the appraiser as if you’re really selling it. Explain that your property has been well-taken care of and that you’re sure that it’s still going to be liveable in many years to come. Setting the price of your property depends on what you think your home is really worth. You just have to be confident considering all the improvements and changes you have made to your home.
- The appraiser will be comparing your home with 3-5 other properties which have recently sold and closed within a certain radius of your Minnetonka Home. Don’t worry, let him know why your Minnetonka real estate is much different than any other homes. Elaborate the accessibility of the establishments near your place and the good neighborhood that you have. Explain that the selling price of your property is worth more than what they could really acquire.
With all of these tips, stay confident and if you don't already, be ready to have a prospective buyer for your Minnetonka homes for sale soon!