Dear Readers -
Larry Bettag shares his five top reasons for Blogging on ActiveRain. His cheerful posts are a joy to read. His information shared is beneficial. when reading his posts, I can count on him for solid data. Thanks - Larry!
Have a happy day -
PS Just in case I haven’t thanked you personally, I really appreciate every time you stop by to read and/or comment on my posts. L.
I keep thinking of all of these topics to post about. But invariably you're so much better if you have the "why" as to anything in life. So, for me, I'm thinking to myself...."I know why I blog, but do you know why you blog?" Like anything in life without a passion, it really becomes quite mundane or interest is lost. Here are the reasons that I blog:
- Active Rain Works - As of this date, I'm exactly at 124 referrals from Active Rain since I started posting. I have so many consumer referrals that it's ridiculous. I love being on page one of Google and couldn't get that juice on my own. I also get a lot of realtor referrals from you all. I also reciprocate. Can't beat that with a stick. Bloggingl and Active Rain generates income for me.
- I Get to Practice and Improve my Writing Skills - Ok....if you haven't heard, I'm going to be published soon. I'm on the last chapter of my book and I'm with a great publisher. I look back at my first blog post, in April of 2007 entitled "The Lending Game" and boy did it SUCK. Suck, suck, suck!!!!! I want to be a better writer and so I write. I want to be a better writer so I read your blogs. Some of you are just downright awesome as I sit on the sideline with open eyes and eager to learn.
- Blogging Allows me to Build and Create Relationships....I think anyone who is great in business has to be able to build relationships. "Know me, Like me, Trust me" is the process. It's incredible really. In any event, I've been able to do that with a lot of you. You have been able to do that with me. That's why when I want to refer my deals to you, it's so darn easy. I called Alan May the other day to give him a referral, but he thought I was a prank phone call and hung up on me. I wasn't able to give Alan the referral, but I have given many to others. I want you to trust me....but I want and need people with whom I can trust too!
- I get to express myself and clarify my my own thinking. I work non-stop. It's almost as if I'm a 24/7 kinda guy. But when I blog, I get to barf all over you, and all over the world. Barfing in print allows me to express myself. But in order to do so, you need to have some sort of semi-coherent sense of communication. It needs to be settled, sorted and clarified within my tiny little brain. This time in front of the keyboard is precious. MY SON IS NOT SLEEPING IN CHURCH....HE'S THINKING OF MY NEXT BLOG POST!
- Finally....for the most part, it's fun! Not all the time, as sometimes it's a chore. "I have to blog because it works" can be more of a chore than "I'm blogging because it's fun." I do it both way, but as my kids say "it's fun to have fun." I like when that happens.
Those are my reasons.....what am I missing? Why do you blog?