Jamestown RI Home Sales Report September 2013
Beavertail State Park - Jamestown RI 02835
This Jamestown RI home sales market is showing a housing sale slowdown in September. Yet an improved home sale market over 2012 continues in Jamestown this year with sales up 43% and home prices up 25%.
Knowing the waterfront and Jamestown RI coastal real estate area is part of the home discovery process. If you are buying or selling a home in waterfront Jamestown RI real estate, you want to understand the local real estate information. Why? because knowing how home sales are happening gives you knowledge for any home decision you may make.
Here is the current real estate market data for Jamestown, RI provided by Ginny Lacey Gorman of RI waterfront real estate September 2013 is as follows:
- Properties active and on the market to buy: 74
- Single-family homes closed in September 2013: 7
Average sales price: $ 861,342
- Sales price to list price ratio: 92%
- Average days on the market: 83
- Home Sales pending: 3
Knowing what is happening in the Jamestown RI real estate market this year is importatnt if you are considering listing your home for sale or in the home market to buy.
Jamestown’s home absorption rate is still attempting to get out of a Buyer’s real estate market yet the luxury market has returned this year.
- Jamestown’s home inventory decreased by 11% over the prior month, days on market decreased by 20% and list price to sold price increased by 95% from prior month. The average Jamestown home sale price has increased by 25% so far year to date in 2013 over 2012. The increased volume in the over million dollar home sale market here increased the average sales price. When the luxury home sale market rebounds, the impact on average sale pric increases.
- Jamestown waterfront homes are continuing to sell. 47% of the Jamestown homes for sale are luxury homes and are for sale for $1 million and over.
- Breakdown of the 7 Jamestown RI homes sold in September is as follows: 2 homes sold between $300,000-$400,000, 4 homes sold over $400,000 and 1 home sold over $1 million. The over $400,000 home generated the buyers interest.
Jamestown RI has the views, restaurants and restaurants to appreciate
Jamestown is a waterfront Newport County community that enjoys private real estate on a Rhode Island hideaway island that is unique to this state. The town is known for its stunning coast line, its true island feel, one of a kind Beavertail State Park and coastal luxury living.
Are you considering buying or selling a Jamestown home? Please reach out to me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI coastal real estate agent, at 401.529.7849 or email me at Ginny@RiHouseHunt.com for an appointment. I would love the opportunity to help you in your home sale. Discussing your home needs is essential in this market and what I do for Jamestown clients. Let my successful online real estate sales exposure program work well for you! The Jamestown home market is feeling the surge in growth this year.