Actions do speak louder than words in many cases, and if your not prepared on your words as well, thern you are doomed as a Sales Agent in any profession. When I read Evelyn's post, it helped me understand myself as a sales person. Read her Blog post below and you'll see what I mean.
Sellers don't hire Whimps!
Sellers notice many things about us as soon as they lay eyes on us or hear our voices for the first time. Whether intentional or not, they have formed an impression.
Lack of self confidence
- If you don't look them in the eye
- If you stutter over a question or say ummm alot
- Poor Posture
- Dress Unprofessional
- If you Fidget or bounce on your toes
- If you can't engage them
- Don't sound genuine
- If you don't know your market
- If you don't know the value of their home
- If you don't know what homes have sold in their neighborhood
- If you don't know the sales price and DOM of those homes
- If you don't know what homes are currently listed
- If you have no presentation
- Don't know the local area
- Don't know the order of Contracts to Present
- Don't have all the forms you need
- Don't know how to explain them in easy terms
- Don't council them on inspections/surveys and contacts
- Can't protect your commission
- Don't have a marketing plan
- Don't ask discovery questions to determine whether they are ready, willing and able to Sell (Motivated or Not)
- Not knowledgeable about who their buyer will be
- Don't present to all people involved in the Sale
If you display these qualities the Seller will find a reason to "think about it" or let you know they are interviewing other agents in the next few days, and they will call you when they have talked with everyone.
If these qualities sound familiar to you it's okay, we all have displayed part or all of them at different times. The good news is, these can all be overcome!
Toastmasters or Networking will give you confidence (Or you can blog here on AR and gain confidence while speaking to 350,000 real estate related professionals.)
Systems will Prepare you, knowing what you need and making packets or checklists
Education will train you about any subject you need more information on.
Seller's Don't Hire Whimps! Unless you agree to take their Over Priced Listings. Then they are perfectly willing to let you spend your money, time and energy trying to find a buyer who is willing to overpay. I haven't had a Buyer yet that was willing to pay any more than fair market value.