If you are having trouble staying on top of your household routines, a little planning will shorten your cleaning time and make your routine easier than ever.
- Decide what “clean” means to you and keep house accordingly. Use your standards, not what others do, or think you should do.
- Jot down daily and weekly cleaning jobs. Do a little each day or week.
- Quick results boost morale. Start with something easy that you can finish in a short period of time.
- Delegate. Have all members of your family or household participate by at least picking up after themselves, keeping their room(s) clean. Create a schedule of who does what, when.
- Check your cleaning products to determine if one can be used for several jobs.
- Simplify your actions by storing and carrying your cleaning supplies in a portable basket or cart so you have all you need anytime you start to clean a room or area.
- Minimize clutter. Your home will be easier to keep clean and will look clean if you don’t have too much “stuff” scattered about.