Simple Needs GA is a non-profit founded by my friend Brenda Rhodes. I first met Brenda while we were volunteering for a Share Our Strength event several years ago. It is easy to get caught up in her passion for this mission. There is a huge need to help those in difficult situations.
Here is a list of the programs currently offered by Simple Needs GA:
- Providing brand new shoes for children
- Providing household necessities such as laundry detergent and cleaning supplies
- Providing a duffle bag with full size toiletries to those living in homeless shelters
- Supplying tents and sleeping bags, along with other essentials for those living in the woods.
- Providing birthday presents and celebrations for disadvantaged kids on their birthday.
Personally, I was cleaning out a closet when I realized how many items I hadn't used in years. I started a pile for donation and before I knew it, I found comforters, sheets, blankets, afghans, candles etc enough to fill the trunk of my car. I know that they will be appreciated by someone that needs these items.
For more information about the organization and to find ways you can donate or make a donation, please check out the website, http://www.simpleneedsga.org.
The photos used seen here are with the permission of Simple Needs GA.