~ WILL YOU SHOP AMERICAN FOR CHRISTMAS? ~
Many items that we can label as "common gifts" are manufactured overseas at the expense of American labor; things like electronics, toys, games for gamers, etc. Why not think outside the box for your gift giving this year? Support a small local businesses and help your neighbor and our own economy. There are many things you can do that keeps your money in this country, like gift certificates for services that anyone could use.
I'm going to give you a few ideas to start you on your way to thinking outside the box.
1) a gift certificate for detailing a car, a booklet of car washes, gas, oil changes or other car services.
2) find out where the recipient gets their hair cut and buy a gift certificate.
3) go to the Mom and Pop restaurants down the street and buy some gift certificates
4) maybe the recipient would appreciate their walks being shoveled throughout the winter, or grass cut/yard work in the summer
5) golf, bowling, batting cage tokens
6) lessons for musical instruments, a sport or dance
7) a membership to the zoo, museum, theater, amusement parks, a gym
8) tickets to sporting events, plays
9) computer upgrades & tune-ups, programs,
10) cleaning service for the house
Think outside the box this year and keep your spending dollars in your local community. Not only will you be helping our economy, but you will probably have a side effect from this. The side affect of feeling good for playing a small part in helping to improve our economy. Remember, many small parts add up to bigger parts! Enjoy your shopping!