A few tips for home owners selling a home during the winter months:
1) Avoid the myth that homes don't sell in the winter, that is not true. They aren't as attractive with brown grass, but they do sell. Most home buyers out looking in the winter intend to buy a new home. Most home sellers don't list because they believe no one buys in the winter, you can be among the few and have less competition.
2) Give your yard a final nice clean cut, remulch your flower beds and clean them up really nicely, the weeds won't be back for a while. Clear leaves as they fall.
3) If you are selling a vacant home, leave the heat on. It is good for the home and good for potential buyers. No one wants to view a home to consider for purchase and get frost bite. If it is 40 degrees in your home, they will be out and back in their car in no time to get some warmth. 55 degrees minimum and 65 is better.
4) Make sure you have a mat at the door so that potential buyers can wipe their feet well before entering.
5) Decorate, but keep the personal details to a minimum. Festive is good.
We work with sellers and buyers in Ellis County Texas, Red Oak, Tx, Waxahachie, Tx, Midlothian, Tx and surrounding areas. We will visit with you and provide a free market analysis to home sellers.
Contact us today to make any inquiries you may have about buying or selling a home.
Sandy & Ashley Wickware, Realtors®
Red Oak, Tx
469-363-8501 Sandy Cell
469-831-5799 Ashley Cell