We as agents have all heard the saying;"I'll wait til Spring to sell my house" ! Barbara Jennings owner of The Jennings Team with Keller Williams Reality in Fredericksburg, Va hears this phrase all the time around this time of year from homeowners that have expired from the market or they are thinking about selling but want to wait until spring. In the real estate market folks are always buying and selling homes and if one thinks that waiting is the answer this is not always the case. In today's market where the facts are that the rates are low and the inventory is low has many benefits to a seller. In the Spring time the inventory naturally rises however if one was to look at the stats and compare as percentages the homes that are on the market in the winter months as opposed to the Spring time is very close in percentages. There are many reasons why a seller should list in the winter months, 11 reasons why a seller should list during the Holidays. Barbara Jennings with The Jennings Team of Keller Williams Reality Fredericksburg. Five quick tips for selling a house number one is odors. Make your house as neutral smelling as possible. If you have pets wash the bedding more often, keep them in one area if possible, consider buying some plug in air fresheners where your pets spend most of the time. Other odors are scented candles, cigarette smoke,cooking odors and diapers just to name a few. Finding out what your home is worth now in today's market as opposed to waiting until spring to find out Barbara Jennings says; " if sellers wait until spring time they may have missed the opportunity to get the highest price possible for their house. Say you want to wait until Spring like the majority of sellers say they do where the competition is tough with all those houses on the market, the buyers have so many to choose from and the ones that sell are the best priced, great location and in great condition. By the way these are 3 things that no matter what one says the market is doing will still remain the main reasons why a house sells or does not sell. Having the informaiton in your hands is important to make a good decision this is why Barbara Jennings with The Jennings Team of Keller Williams Reality consults with sellers and lets them know the facts and why it is a good time to Sell a house during the Holidays!
Here are 11 reasons your seller should list during the Holiday Season.
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means more money for you.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
And the number one reason why your seller should list during the Holidays …
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
After all people move all the time and yes the ideal time would be when the weather is warm and the sun is out however wouldn't you like to put more money in your pocket today and be able to go take a vacation when other sellers are trying to sell their house with all the others who said" I'll wait until Spring". Which would you rather be doing? Call The Jennings Team and get a FREE in home consultation about what's your house worth in today's market and get it SOLD before the others come on the market!