Top 10 Real Estate Myths
1. In-law suites can add dramatically to the future value of a home based on projected rental income.
2. Many builders are shying away from Forced Hot Air systems and opting for more tried and true forms of heating such as oil and even electric.
3. Virginia state law does not allow a Buyer's Rep to also represent the seller of a property.
4. Gas fireplaces are not viable means to heat a home.
5. Wood fireplaces are viable heating alternatives.
Sponsored By: Charlottesville 1st-Time Home Buyers on FaceBook
6. Standard size water heater for a home in Virginia is always 80 gals.
7. Higher HOA fees are actually O.K. since 55% of the annual dues paid can be deducted on IRS Form 1049B
8. In the state of Virginia, a private seller cannot discriminate against a single, black mother with two children, one who is handicapped, and the other who is openly gay.
9. According to recent studies, turning the lights on low and playing Def Leopard on the stereo increase chances of buyers putting an offer on the property the same day.
10. It's smart to leave jewelry out in the open during showings to demonstrate your trust in buyers. If they DO steal it then you know not to work with them.
Think you know which are true, which are false?
I do. And, I'd be happy to discuss these and possible other confusing topics you might encounter during your home buying adventure!
Search for homes near Charlottesville-->HERE
Searching for your next home? FaceBook can help you navigate the process & save you time!!
Search ALL homes in Charlottesville for FREE via FaceBook
Click HERE for your FREE 1st-Time Home Buyer e-Book
Click HERE for a FREE mobile device search app! It's easy to use while on the go!