I'm excited to start planning early for 2014. This year has been a banner year for my business so I'm not looking to grow my business, just sustain what I have at this point. The Cary NC Real Estate market has been on fire like many parts of the country this year. I truly believe that proper planning in the lean years is what helps businesses explode in the good times. I try to be consistent with my Marketing year over year because I believe that is why that I have so many clients that I have worked with in the past that refer other potential buyers and sellers to me along with remembering me when it comes time to sell their homes.
Here are a few things that I do year over year that continue to help my business flourish:
1. Homes by Design Calendar - I really like the product they produce. It's more expensive than the traditional Melco calendars but it's certainly more modern and attractive. Last year I forgot to place my order in time and I had several clients calling me telling they wanted one!
2. Client Appreciation Party- This one takes a lot of planning and is also fairly expensive but well worth the effort. Each year a couple of agents in my office work with the local builders in the area and team up to showcase the builders model homes or design studio. The past few years we had the party at the Toll Brothers model home in Cary at Green Level Crossing. This year we are hosting the party at The Studio by Ashton Woods in Raleigh. I've included a link to the video of the studio. It's quite impressive - very up to date with all of the bells and whistles.
3. Facebook Fan Page Revisit - I've had a Facebook Fan Page called Tracy Santrock - Cary Realtor for several years now and it ranks pretty high on google for the google search Cary NC Realtor. Facebook continues to revamp their structure and I am constantly trying to keep up with how to structure my landing page, facebook cover, and other items. My landing page does not conform to Facebook's standards at the moment so I'm working on revaming that page.
4. Tracy Santrock's website - Two years ago the company I worked with called Myers closed their doors and I had to find a new website provider. I am currently working with Home Junction. They have a great search application/IDX and their platform is based on Wordpress, but they don't have anywhere to post your listings. Since I had many more sellers this year than buyers this is quite a problem for me. If you have any providers that you think are currently cutting edge let me know since I'm on the prowl to re-launch my website. The website is just like real estate - we are constantly trying to reinvent ourselves.
5. Let's not forget Activerain - I've always enjoyed playing in the rain. I especially enjoy browsing through the blogs towards the end of the year to get fresh new ideas. Here's to spending more time in the rain in 2014!
I've got my plans, do you have yours?