If you are a frequent traveller like me, you know that there are times when you just don’t feel like going through the motions of getting dressed and properly coiffed and leave your hotel room to go down to dinner. Savvy hoteliers realize this and have come to the rescue by offering sensational mouth-watering in-room dining that is a giant leap from regular room service. Haute Living Magazine recently published their Top 5 List of these wonderfully accommodating hotels in L.A.
1. The Peninsula – 9882 Santa Monica Blvd – Beverly Hills Consistently named one of LA’s top hotels, they now offer a “Suite Luxury” package that includes 3 nights in one of their sumptuous suites, complimentary use of a luxury car, a $300 spa or dining credit, gourmet chocolates and flexible checkout.
2. The Four Seasons – Los Angeles – 300 Doheny Dr. Los Angeles Executive Chef Ashley James has something for everyone on the internationally-themed in-room dining menu. Vegan and vegetarian options and whimsical menus such as “It’s OK – You’re on Holiday,” “Yes we have Farmers,”When The Mood Strikes,” and “Kidding Around” are meant to pique your interest.
3. The Ritz-Carlton – Laguna Niguel – 1 Ritz Carlton Drive, Dana Point In-room dining and massages are available around the clock and the hotel prides itself on going out of its way to offer guests any type of cuisine including vegan, gluten-free and vegetarian with only a bit of notice.
4. The Beverly Wilshire – 9500 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills Guests of the Penthouse can experience a meal prepared in the in-suite kitchen by their own private chef. Other guests can simply order their hearts desire on their iPad, iPhone or Android device. The hotel offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack, dessert, kids meals and a handy 20-minute menu for those in a rush.
5. Hotel Bel-Air – 701 Stone Canyon Drive, LA California’s healthy lifestyle is showcased featuring local produce, all-natural poultry and sustainable seafood. For those looking for a magical evening of romance, the hotel offers a private candlelit dinner-for-two package provided by master chef Wolfgang Puck and a premium bottle of wine or champagne served on a private patio.