Real Property Management of Sarasota & Manatee Tip of the Month: Keep Your Holidays Safe
The holidays can be a festive time, filled with family gatherings and friends and neighbors dropping by to celebrate the season. With a little preparation and by following these tips, you can keep your holidays safe.
Take Precautions when Decorating
- Do use flame-retardant, or noncombustible decorations whenever possible.
- Consider plugging lights and other decorations requiring electricity into a power strip instead of directly into an outlet.
- Make sure that "live" decorations (e.g.: wreaths, garland, trees, etc.) remain fresh enough to be used in close proximity to heat emitting lights.
- Keep candles away from small children and pets, and away from objects and places where they can be easily knocked over.
Protect your Guests
- Keep a close eye on the stove, or grill when cooking -- unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fires in the U.S.A.
- Be sure to test smoke alarms and CO2 detectors before visitors arrive -- consider sharing your fire escape plan.
- Be careful not to block exits when moving furniture to accommodate guests.
And when serving alcohol, make sure that a designated driver, or other transportation is available for any guest who may need a ride home.
Real Property Management of Sarasota & Manatee is the local affiliate office of the greater company, Real Property Management. Real Property Management is the largest residential property manager in the world having 250+ offices in the U.S. and Canada, and over 60,000 units under management. Real Property Management of Sarasota & Manatee works with the owners of condominium units, single family homes, duplex/multiplex units, and apartment complexes in: Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice, Lakewood Ranch, Parrish, Ellenton, North Port, Englewood, Palmetto, FL. Call us at 941-225-8183
CONTACT US HERE for a FREE Rental Evaluation and Property Management Quote!