The City of Good Neighbors, The Queen City, The Nickel City. Whatever you call it, make sure it also includes home.
A few years ago an article was published naming Buffalo, NY as the 2nd best place to relocate to
. I've seen this article pop up on my social media feeds the past few days and I though I'd put my own 2 cents in on the topic. I have lived in Buffalo my whole life, suburb of Cheektowaga
specifically, and I can't imagine leaving. With all the area has to offer, I hope others will continue to call Buffalo home and others will embrace the city with open arms.
This old, historic city boasts ever expanding arts, diverse neighborhoods and the cost of living and home prices are less that the national average. While most of the nation was severely affected by the recession, Buffalo was just brushed by it. The housing market slowed but didn't seem to bottom out. Thankfully. Why else is this city great? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sports teams: small market and building ones.. but they have the best fans who support them!
- Music:weekly concerts in the summer canal side and regular performances at the area casinos.
Love the outdoors? Parks, parks and more parks!
- The food: Salen's Hot dogs, Weber's mustard, Bison chip dip, beef on weck, chicken wings
- Festivals: Celebrate every nationality throughout the summer and the foods that go with it.
- All. Four. Seasons. One of the few places you can experience all four traditional seasons and have a separate stash of clothes to accommodate them.
Those are just a few but enough to keep me here. What do you love about Buffalo, NY?