Turkey day war plan, is yours ready? Yes, Thanksgiving Day is less than a week away. Many are making travel plans, others are planning a menu for their dinner on Thursday. Whatever way you are celebrating, I recommend that you put together a plan. I like to call mine the Turkey Day War Plan. This year, I will be hosting dinner for my family. This is the first year in many that I have had the honor. Being single, cooking for a group of eight, is not something that I do on a regular basis. So in order to make the day a perfect success, I have my plan:
- All recipes are written down and in one folder
- Made a detailed shopping list
- Determine what items can be done ahead
- Prep everything possible before Thursday
- Schedule baking time prior to Thursday
- Thaw turkey in the refrigerator starting on Monday
- Set the table
- Thursday morning - let the cooking begin!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!